jeudi 6 août 2009

Speech of H.E Marc RAVALOMANANA President of the Republic of Madagascar - Maputo Negotiations 05 august 2009



Your Excellency President Chissano,
Excellencies,
Honourable Ministers;
Executive Secretary of SADC,
Fellow Malagasy countrymen;

Ladies and Gentlemen,


I am grateful to have the opportunity to speak to you today about the current crisis in Madagascar.

But before I do so, let me thank President Chissano and his team, the Executive Secretary of SADC, as well as the special envoys of various organisations, who are helping us to get out of this crisis.

Through you, President Chissano, I would like to convey my profound gratitude to my
Brother, President Gebuza and the people of Mozambique for your warm welcome and
generous hospitality.

I also want to acknowledge the Malagasy people who have remained strong and ourageous
during these challenging times.

They are a source of hope that our country can emerge from this crisis stronger than ever.

Democracy should be respected and ensured at all costs.

Therefore, as we work together to find a solution to this crisis, the will of Malagasy people must come before all else.

On behalf of the people of Madagascar, I extend my heartfelt thanks to the international community for your tireless work in helping to bring about an end to this crisis through peaceful dialogue.

It is my hope that the effort put forth by all Malagasy parties will pave the way to an immediate return to democracy for the Malagasy people.

It is what they deserve.

Throughout the ordeal of the past several months the Malagasy people have shown
remarkable courage and resolve.

Constitutional order must be restored

Rule of law must be re-established.

Reconciliation must begin.

National pride must be restored.

But above all else, national interest must come first.

As Madagascar’s democratically-elected President, I am fully prepared to do my part to restore peace and order.

Once back in my country, I will work in a collaborative spirit to restore constitutional normalcy and strengthen our young democracy.

Thank you.
God bless Madagascar and the Malagasy people.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
http://www.nivapas.com Annuaire
nivapas